The TY Danjuma Foundation, an independent private indigenous philanthropic grantmaking organisation with offices in Abuja, Taraba and Edo state seeks to hire young graduates who have completed the national youth service scheme or received an exemption, for a 9-month internship programme at its Head Office located in Abuja.
The internship will run from April 18 to December 19, 2023
Click on the positions below for more information on how to apply
Available Slots: 1
We are looking for a driven finance intern with a good understanding of accounting and financial principles. The applicant must be ready for an immersive, real-world experience. Under supervision, the intern will participate in the preparation of journal entries and financial reports, analyse actual financial data, learn more about bookkeeping, and assist with other accounting activities.
To be a strong candidate, the applicant should have a positive attitude towards being collaborative, trustworthy, receptive to feedback, and eager to learn.
The Intern will support the Finance Team in;
- filing, data entry, recording, maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- preparing balance sheets, income statements, invoices, and other financial reports.
- Compiling and analysing data
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree/HND in Accounting or be a certified accountant.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet or accounting software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility.
- Motivation and a strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
Available Slots: 1
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Officer, the intern will perform the following tasks:
- Support project coordination and monitor implementation.
- Support development of work plans, budgets and reports.
- Participate in project research processes.
- Support and ensure a cordial working relationship with the Foundation’s grantees.
- Assume any other responsibility as projects may require
- Masters degree with a background in health, social sciences, education or related course.
- Experience working or volunteering with non-governmental organisations ,traditional leadership, civil society and government
- Skilled in problem-solving, creativity and willingness to innovate.
- Command of both good written and spoken English language
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Communications and Documentation Intern
Available Slots: 1
The TY Danjuma Foundation is seeking an ambitious content creator to support the documentation of projects activities through various communication channels (web stories, project briefs, journal articles and short videos).
To thrive in this position, the applicant must have strong creative and analytical skills.
- Work alongside the Team to create media assets that help explain complex concepts visually.
- Independently produce photographs, videos, GIFs, memes, and infographics using relevant programmes.
- Create and manage a library of multimedia assets to be used to enhance our documentation and Support Center.
- Build and grow asset library, proactively anticipating the needs of the Research team.
- Must be a graduate with experience in contents management.
- Experience with graphics design packages such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, Lightroom, and/or Illustrator
- Strong creativity and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team setting in a fast-paced environment
- Interested in User Experience and a willingness to learn about the why behind making an image or object.
- Experience with digital drawing tools.
Mental Health Awareness: Improving Quality of Teaching
The TY Danjuma Foundation is partnering with Jela’s Development Initiative (JDI) on teachers’...
Improving the Quality of Health: Mitigating Malnutrition Among Under-five Children in IDP Camps
On May 18, 2023, the TY Danjuma Foundation and its partner Social Welfare Network Initiative...
TYDF to Commence Free Eyecare Mission in Taraba from May 21 – 26, 2023
On May 21, 2023, the TY Danjuma Foundation and Care Vision Support Initiative (CAVSI) will...
Reimagining Funding in Africa
Join the Chief Executive Officer of TY Danjuma Foundation, Gima H. Forje, and other executive...