Position Title: Programme Advisor Health
Reporting to the Programme Manager
Provision of guidance to grantees/organizations ‘through the entire application process” from concept development through presentation of proposals and evaluation results on all health related projects.
- Prepare proposal analysis including written summaries and recommendations for review and action.
- Supervise assigned portfolio of grantees in the health sector
- Develop reports to aggregate evaluation results and communicate the Foundation’s impact in the community as may be required.
- Ensure that grant records are complete, accurate and current. Maintain statistical information regarding grant-making activity of the Foundation.
- Monitor implementation of grant by requesting and reviewing written evaluations and by conducting site visits to a representative number of grant recipients
- Review letters of inquiry and full proposals to ensure that required information has been provided. And, conduct additional research into the relevant field of interest and/or non-profit organization.
- Provide assistance to grant seekers and grant recipients organizations, as necessary, to direct them to other resources for organizational development, funding, program ideas, training etc.
- Respond to inquiries from non-profit organizations regarding the Foundations’ grant-making guidelines and Requests for Proposals
- Consult with non-profit organizations regarding specific grant proposals to ensure that proposals meet Foundation guidelines and/or initiative requirements.
- Develop and maintain contact with key stakeholders in the non-profit organizations society.
- Support initiatives developed/coordinated by Grantees and Communities
- Keep abreast of emerging issues both locally and nationally in the health sector.
- Other duties as assigned by Management
Other tasks include:
- Building relationships with stakeholders including government (FG, State, LGA) and partners at national and community levels.
- Support the State Coordinators in the development, execution and monitoring of TYDF programmes and projects including new and change projects.
- Review and track risks in approved health projects; reporting on risks and mediation plan in a timely manner.
- Support the Programme Unit in providing professional project management service to grantees and stakeholders and when necessary should take the lead in direct oversight of a sub-set of community-based health projects.
- Assist in developing appropriate communication strategy for health projects, ensuring that agreed process are adhered to by grantees/organizations in implementation of health projects.
- Reporting on the impact of programmes; sharing lessons with management and grantees.
- Academic and Professional: Degree qualified in Sciences, Public/ Community Health or Medical Sciences. Master degree is essential; Professional membership of relevant bodies in the not-for-profit organisation and management, as well as training in the areas of community health, programme monitoring and evaluation is preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience, some of which must be in a similar role in a reputable not-for-profit organisation.
- Grant-making experience would be strongly preferred.
- Ability to conduct baseline studies without supervision
- Conversant with modern techniques for monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- High level of professionalism, courage, accountability, and personal integrity,
- Excellent organizational, writing, communication, and presentation skills;
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and proactive,
- Strong critical thinking skills and capable of anticipating organizational needs,
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite including MS Projects.
- Demonstrable understanding of issues related to community health, primary health care and infectious diseases in Nigeria
- Field experience outside the NGO world: notably in government at any level, or in an appropriate medical or educational facility.
- Ability to communicate in Hausa is a plus.
- Commitment to work in the field
- Capacity to conceptualize programme interventions
- Experience working with senior managers and stakeholders
- Demonstrable skill in Networking and Partnership
If you are interested and consider yourself suitable for any of these positions, kindly send in the following:
- An application letter (no more than 2 pages) stating why you think you are suitable for the position and what value you hope to bring to the Foundation if given the opportunity;
- A 2-page CV which speaks directly to the position of your interest.
Send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline for submission of applications is June 17th, 2016.