TY Danjuma Foundation is a leading grant making organisation with track record of visible achievements in health and education initiatives at national and regional stage. The organisation is currently expanding its operations and requires people with passion for excellence, integrity and innovation to fill the following position:
Chief Executive Officer
This is a critical Executive Management position, with full responsibility for overall performance of the organisation. The CEO is responsible to the Board of Trustees and reports to the Board/Board Chairman. Performance will be evaluated annually by the Board.
He/She will be responsible for the following, among other things:
- Board Relationship: Works with the Board to define and establish overall strategic direction of the organisation, including the short, medium and long term goals and objectives. Also provides the Board and its sub-committees with periodic reports.
- People Management and Organisational Development: Creates effective teams and enabling environment that allow people employ their talents in achieving organisational objectives in a mutually beneficial manner.
- Financial Management: Responsible for judicious management and utilization of financial resources of the organisation including budgeting, grant making, and funds administration.
- Administration and Leadership: Leads, coaches, mentors, provides guidance to staff and ensures smooth operations to achieve the mandate of the organisation.
- External Relations: Cooperates with other institutions and organisations, with shared goals and purposes, to further the aspirations of the organization.
- MBBS or PhD in health related areas. Possession of a Masters in Public Health will be an added advantage.
- At least 25 years’ post graduate experience, with not less than 5 years in a senior management role in a grant making organisation.
- Knowledge of current development in grant making; monitoring and evaluation; as well as philanthropic organisations is essential.
- Financial literacy and astuteness, with proven financial management skills.
- Visible leadership skills within challenging performance environments.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suites, Internet and other related computer applications.
We offer competitive compensation and an exciting work environment.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply within TWO WEEKS providing full career (CV) and compensation details along with personal contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org